Sunday, April 10, 2011

Weekly Maybelline Review: The Falsies Mascara


Hey Everyone! Today I'm starting a new series for my blog. It will be a weekly review of a Maybelline product. I have tried a lot of Maybelline products, and so I thought I would share my thoughts on them. Hopefully this will help you when you are shopping for drugstore products!



This week I will be reviewing Maybelline's "The Falsies" Mascara. I have it in Black Drama (waterproof). This can very in drugstores from around $7-10. It was a scooped brush (as you can sort of see from the first picture) and comes out sort of clumpy on the brush. At first, I really, really hated this mascara. I could not get it too look nice on my lashes, I though it made them look clumpy and gross! BUT after a week or two of sticking with it (I was too lazy to buy a different mascara) I began to like it! I think this was because of a combination of two reasons: 1) It takes a while to get used to the scoop brush! I had to teach myself how to use it correctly. But I got the hang of it! 2) I think that for this formula you have to let it sit a while and dry out just a bit before it works properly! I think the problem for the first two weeks was that it was too wet! Overall: I do like it now, but I probably wouldn't buy it again. I think it is WAY overhyped by Youtube beauty gurus! It is a decent price, but I think if you are going to buy a drugstore mascara, I had a much better time with the L'Oreal Voluminous mascara!


2 comments:

  1. I always see commercials for this stuff (and they are sooooo annoying)... they definitely over glorify the stuff...

    ReplyDelete
  2. For sure! It's not like you use a mascara and BAM your eyelashes grow a foot

    ReplyDelete